There are dishonest companies in cities like Jacksonville offering low price windshield replacement. To sidestep problems, keep this helpful list of tips for choosing a windshield repair shop close.
- Research how long the mobile windshield replacement company has been in operation.
- Verify that all auto glass installers employed by the repair shop are qualified and certified.
- Do not purchase replacement automobile glass directly from a car dealer. The car lot on-site repair shop will charge a lot more than the current market rate for OEM replacement auto glass.
- Avoid windshield replacement companies that do not offer OEM parts. All OEM replacement parts are produced by the manufacturer of the original automobile parts. Ask what type of auto glass the windshield replacement service intends to use.
- Be wary of repair companies offering additional FREE services. You only need a windshield replacement, and there will always be an additional fee for any additional service at these shops!
This information will help you avoid windshield repair shops that will do a substandard job or charge your insurance provider too much money for an easy repair!